About back to Active Osteopathy and Sports Injury Clinic
Back to Active is an Osteopathic and Sports Injury Clinic that aims to do one thing: Get you back to active ASAP! We pride ourselves on providing effective treatment, advice and after care that gives great results and provides a professional, personal service at convenient times that suit your busy lifestyle.
Osteopathy at Back to Active
Osteopathy is a method of assessing, treating, diagnosis, treatment, management and prevention of musculoskeletal and other related disorders. It works with the structure and function of the body and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
At Back to Active Osteopathy we aim to:
- Go that Extra mile in providing you with the best care possible.
- Support You on your journey back to active and doing the activities you love.
- Provide a Tailored Treatment Plan that considers you as an individual, your lifestyle and time commitments.
At Back to Active we do have a keen interest in treating sports injuries but also love to help all sorts of patients suffering from pain because of postural problems or through traumatic injury.
Sports Massage at Back to Active
We also fantastic Sports Massage services, great for athletes and the general sporting population to help keep you on top form and perform at your best.
Sports massage can help:
- Optimisation of recovery and decreased tightness and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMs)
- Reduction in injury rates and getting over “niggles” more quickly
- Increased joint range of motion and greater flexibility of the muscles
- Reduction in pain and relaxing tight muscles.
- Improved tissue health by increasing fluid movement.
- Damage and imbalances in deep tissues are detected earlier and are corrected before an injury occurs.
Back to Active Osteopathy was founded by Richard in 2016. Richard qualified with a BSc in Osteopathic Medicine from the Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine and is a fully registered Osteopath with the General Council of Osteopathy. He has a level 3 diploma in sports massage and has qualifications in Kinesio taping and medical acupuncture. Richard has always been involved in Sport and has over 15 years’ experience as a swimming coach working athletes at Regional and National level. He has also worked as a snowboard and ski instructor in Canada for 2 years and as a personal trainer. As well Osteopathy Richard has years of experience as a sports massage therapist and is currently the Assistant Head Coach for Farnham Swimming Club.
We have two convenient locations:
Crooksbury House Lodge Clinic: Located at the bottom of Crooksbury Road, Farnham, Surrey just before the junction with Waverley Lane.
The clinic is located on the premises of Crooksbury House Lodge and in a beautiful rural location. The treatment room is fully equipped with a treatment area and rehab area.
Elstead Chiropractic Clinic: Located in the heart of Elstead, Godalming
The Clinic is located on the green, Elstead with ample parking within easy reach of Godalming, Surrey.